Now Elon Musk says he won’t fire 75% of Twitter’s staff

Mobile

Elon Musk told Twitter employees Wednesday that he’s not planning on laying off 75% of staff when he takes over the company, Bloomberg reports, citing “people familiar with the matter.”

This is a walk back from what Musk reportedly said last week. The celebrity executive denied the previously reported number when he addressed employees at Twitter’s San Francisco office on Wednesday.

The “Chief Twit” as his Twitter profile now describes, posted a video of himself walking into Twitter headquarters before the meeting holding a sink with the caption “Let that sink in!”

Musk has casually made mention of laying off staff when he takes over Twitter, a $44 billion deal that’s expected to close on Friday. However, immediately losing 75% of Twitter’s staff, or about 5,600 employees, would probably leave the social media company inoperable.

Twitter employees are still anxious about expected staff cuts as part of the takeover, according to the report.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

AI Chipmaker Cerebras Seeks $4.8 Billion in Upsized IPO | Bloomberg Tech 5/11/2026
Anduril CEO Weighs on $61 Billion Round
BMO’s Schleif Says AI Stampede Fueling Rally Beyond Tech
Samsung Hits $1 Trillion Valuation
Arm Warns of Phone Market Weakness | Bloomberg Tech 5/7/2026

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *